Welcome to the one-stop shop for investors looking to establish or expand their operations in Nelson Mandela Bay.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Investor One-Stop Shop has been tailor-made to provide medium-to-large sized investments and investors with dedicated facilitation services that reduce red tape when doing business and investing in the Nelson Mandela Bay city-region.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Investor One-Stop Shop,
operated by the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, houses key government
departments and agencies under one roof, creating the convenience and
simplicity of providing investors completing high-impact investments/projects
with a single point of contact and consultation.
The one-stop shop is best described as a platform
focused on improving and accelerating public sector service delivery
specifically for medium-to-large sized investors/investments in order to
enhance the competitiveness and attractiveness of Nelson Mandela Bay city-region
as an investment destination.
Our one-stop shop was established by the
local municipality in 2022 and is supported provincially and nationally,
through collaboration with institutions such as the Eastern Cape Development
Corporation and InvestSA (a division of the National Department of Trade,
Industry and Competition).
The One-Stop Shop team currently includes
various officials cutting across the traditional silos of local government.
In 2021, the Nelson Mandela Bay Trade and Investment Forum (NMBTIF) was established with the support of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipal Council's Economic Development, Tourism and Agriculture Standing Committee to serve as a strategic interface whereby initiatives aimed at improving the trade and investment prospects of Nelson Mandela Bay could be shared, formulated, evaluated, and supported across relevant economic stakeholders and in support of the objectives of the Nelson Mandela Bay Investor One-Stop Shop.
In addition to the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, the NMBTIF is currently comprised of representatives from various key stakeholder institutions, including but not limited to the:
- Cacadu Development Agency
- Coega Development Corporation (CDC)
- Eastern Cape Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEAT)
- Eastern Cape Development Corporation (ECDC)
- Eastern Cape Socio-Economic Consultative Council (ECSECC)
- Exporters Eastern Cape
- iBhayi Small Business Chamber
- Industrial Development Corporation (IDC)
- National Department of Trade, Industry and Competition ('the dtic')
- Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber
- Nelson Mandela University
- Sarah Baartman District Municipality
- Small Enterprise Development Agency
- Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA).