Frequently asked Questions
7 records found...
Displaying Page 1 of 1
Yes, a permit is required to launch a boat from the coastal zone area.
Applications can be made at the Beach Office of the Municipality: 041 506 1747
No licence is needed to fish in fresh water. Licences for fishing in the ocean can be obtained at any Post Office
1. Plants - Permits for owning and/or transporting (i.e. cycads)
2. Animal - Permits for owning and/or transporting (i.e. reptiles)
3. Game farms - Transport of game and certificates of adequate enclosures for game farms
4. Nurseries
The Contact details are as follows: Switchboard: 041 508 5803 or Mr Mike Eksteen: 041 508 5825 or or
In the case of harvesting plants from construction and/or development sites on erven owned by the Municipality, permission (in the form of a letter) has to be obtained from the Municipality first.
The letter will then be taken to DEDEA (the Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs & Tourism) in order to obtain a permit. The letter can be obtained from (depending on the area in which the erf is situated): Settlers Park Nature Reserve:  041 506 1799 or Van Stadens Wild Flower Reserve:  041 956 0155
The municipal nursery does not sell plants to the public
Licences for Sundays River and Swartkops River are the responsibility of the Environmental Management Sub-Directorate and can be obtained at the following places: 

1.Swartkops River:  Rod Club:  041 466 1690 or Sundays River:  
2. At the security boom at Pearsons Park Caravan Park
3. All other boat licences or seaworthy certificates will be issued by the SA Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA),


Using a Touch Screen?
Click below for instructions to fix Touch/Swipe issues experienced in Microsoft Edge.

Show me the fix! No thanks
This might take a while depending on your connectivity.
Please be patient while we search the entire site & all its modules for you...